ADHS is a medically licensed, therapeutic day program that provides a caring alternative to nursing home care for those who do not need 24-hour skilled nursing. The program is designed to help people stay mentally and physically active, reduce isolation, improve their health, and prevent decline of their abilities. People typically attend the program one to five times a week. Services include therapeutic activities, games, health monitoring, social services, meals, dietary counseling, physical, occupational and speech therapies.
According to one participant:
“Being alone at home you find loneliness creeps up on you. You can’t get out of your home because of your disability. ADHS gives me a chance to socialize. It increases my faith to see how other people are overcoming their problems and how far they have come. Therapy gives me hope for future improvements.”
Participants who attend Adult Day Health Services have dramatic improvements in their lives. They develop friendships, are happier, and take part in regular exercise and therapies.
- For More information about Adult Day Health Services or to schedule your visit day please contact us today by email or phone, (707) 444-8254 ext. 3203
- To download a referral form click here
- For family caregiver resources click here
Adult Day Health Services is always looking for new volunteers to bring fresh ideas to our center. Volunteers can help in a variety of ways:
- Program Volunteer: Socialize with participants of our Adult Day Health program and help to facilitate activity and/or exercise groups.
- Office Assistant – help with maintaining our database, sending mailings for special events, filing materials and maintaining office supplies, and keeping staff organized.
For information about our next volunteer training or educational programs contact us at(707)444-8254 ext. 3229 or by email