2017 Dementia Care Coalition Conference – Changing the Face of Dementia:
Innovations in Care
This conference will provide healthcare and assisted living professionals with cutting-edge updates in the field of research and best practices for the care of persons with dementia syndromes. Speakers will provide an overview of the latest in Alzheimer’s disease science and care, including symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, risk factors, prevention, and causes. They will also present effective approaches to managing dementia-related behaviors, and best practices for successfully communicating with persons with dementia. The conference will include an update on public policy gains, opportunities on the state and national level, and current trends in research. Click here for more information or download the brochure here.
The Alzheimer’s Resource Center provides education, information and services regarding Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias throughout Humboldt County.
The Alzheimer’s Resource Center is home to the Dementia Care Coalition, a group of professionals and community members who are working to create a more dementia competent community.
The following services are provided at low or no charge:
- Support Groups in many different locations
- One on one consultations via telephone or in our office
- Large resource library in Eureka – books, videos, DVDs on loan
- Free educational materials and internet searches
- Training to professionals about any aspect of Alzheimer’s and other dementias, offered either at our location or yours
- Educational events for caregivers and the general public (nominal fees may be charged)
- Click here for more Alzheimer’s Resources